Tuesday 8 September 2015

Water wicked bottles

These are the bottles that I think are "successful" in keeping my poor balcony plants alive for the 3 weeks I was away. Nothing fancy just some parcel strings in plastic bottles.

It worked because I think  water very slowly seeps out  and after 3 weeks about 1/3 the water is still left in the bottle. I placed the string wick touching the soil.

 

The smaller bottles ones were completely dry of course.


This one with open top has holes at the base to wet the tied string at the bottom and was almost empty when I got back. Made this by making the holes and then tying the string twice over to cover the holes.

May have an issue with mosquitoes in other places because of the open top but here at the 10th floor I see no mosquitoes.


The string wick is always wet and the water gets out for sure because you can see the bottle is compressed already.


No comments:

Post a Comment